Business Analyst, Development and Support Specialist
The Funeral Services Department at Head Office is recruiting for a full time Business Analyst, Development and Support Specialist to join their team. We are looking to fill this position with a qualified, detail-oriented and self-motivated individual who has strong analytical skills and can manage multiple demands.
Reporting to the Vice President, Funeral Service, this position supports a broad range of activities including the design, analysis, interpretation and presentation of financial, product, market share and demographic reports and graphs for the Funeral Service division; assist with the budget development process, and provide support in testing, training, and implementing the FOCUS, Arranger, Mosaic, and Director systems.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Analyzing the Focus System MS Access database for errors, correcting problems and/or advising users of the problem and the work around solution. Performing reprogramming of the system and retesting the modifications to ensure system functionality is maintained.
- Designing financial, product, market share, and demographic reports and graphs for the Funeral Service division. Interpreting the results and presenting recommendations to the Vice President, Funeral Service and regional management.
- Creating pre-need and at-need reports using MS Access databases and analyzing the reports. Predicting future performance and making budgetary recommendations to the Vice President, Funeral Services.
- Participating in the annual operating and motor equipment budget development process.
- Creating testing scripts and conducts user acceptance testing (UAT) for the Director, Arranger, Mosaic and FOCUS systems.
- Providing user and system support for the Director, Arranger, Mosaic and FOCUS systems, as well as Custom Printing support to funeral home staff. Acting as the liaison between the Information Services team and the users at the funeral home.
- Creating, maintaining and updating the branch manual and training manual for FOCUS and the Director System.
- Constructing business cases for new acquisitions / property renovations.
- Creating release notes and installation procedures for new releases of the Director System.
- Other duties may be assigned as required in addition to the principal duties and responsibilities outlined above.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required for this role:
- Completion of a college diploma or university degree in the area of business and/or technology. A certificate in Business Analysis is considered an asset.
- Intermediate level knowledge of using MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access. Experience with creating macros and coding in VBA would be an asset.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills with experience manipulating data to formulate conclusions, and the ability to provide commentary on these conclusions.
- Knowledge of testing methodologies and techniques.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good knowledge of the company and all aspects of the business.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to work with a minimum amount of supervision.
- Possess experience in a position that requires accuracy, attention to detail and numeracy.
- Consistently provides outstanding internal customer service by exemplifying Arbor’s core service values and corporate values of Integrity, Trust, Teamwork and Excellence.
If you are interested in applying for this position, or know someone who may be qualified and is interested, please email your resume and cover letter no later than February 26, 2019 to:
Human Resources Director
We appreciate your interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Completion of satisfactory business references, background checks (credit and criminal), employment testing, and proof of education are essential conditions of employment.
Arbor Memorial Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible work environment. If you are contacted for an interview and/or testing and require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department.