Certified Gardener - Glen Oaks
Glen Oaks Funeral Home & Cemetery, located in Oakville, Ontario has an immediate opening for a full-time Licensed/Certified Gardener. Glen Oaks has approximately 100 developed acres and is presently performing over 1000 dispositions annually. The property includes an on-site Funeral Home, Administration and Sales office, and a Crematorium.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Design and prepare annual/perennial beds for planting.
• Plant and maintain annual flower beds.
• Divide, transplant and maintain perennial planting areas.
• Cultivate, edge, and water flower beds, trees and shrubs; remove weeds and dead plant material.
• Clip, prune and shape trees, bushes and hedges as required.
• Bring any insect infestation to the attention of the supervisor.
• Acts as a lead in providing training and guidance, and to supervise the gardening staff.
• Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required for this position:
• Post-secondary education with certificate or diploma in Horticulture.
• Training certification and/or extensive previous horticulture experience.
• Experience supervising staff.
• Integrated Pest Management (IPM) training
• A valid driver’s license is a mandatory requirement for this position.
• Ability to lift and carry 50lbs.
• Ability to work in an outdoor environment.
• Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and be able to work independently as well as in a team-oriented environment.
• Proven leadership abilities
• Excellent attention to detail and consistently high level of accuracy.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Demonstrated strong customer service skills with the ability to partner will all levels of the organization.
• Exemplifies Arbor’s values of integrity, trust, teamwork and excellence
If you are interested in applying for this position or know someone who may be interested and qualified, please email a resume and cover letter no later than March 16, 2018 to:
Steve Barry, Property Manager
Glen Oaks Memorial Gardens
We appreciate your interest, and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Completion of satisfactory business references, background checks (credit, criminal), employment testing and proof of education are essential conditions of employment
Arbor Memorial Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible work environment. If you are contacted for an interview and/or testing and require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department (email@example.com)