Cleaner 1 Year Contract Full-Time
Arbor Memorial Inc., through its subsidiaries, is a significant player in the cemetery and funeral business.
Our Highland Funeral Home, Markham Chapel located in Markham, ON is currently recruiting a full-time Cleaner on a 1 year Contract.
We are looking to fill this position with a qualified, action-oriented and self-motivated individual who is capable of prioritizing and handling multiple demands simultaneously.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Daily cleaning of the funeral home. This includes, but is not limitied to the following: vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, dusting, garbage collection, bathroom cleaning.
• Assists in cleaning and preparing professional vehicles for the day.
• Communicates any maintenance issues that arise to the Funeral Home Manager
• Examines facilities to guarantee established hygiene standards are met.
• Maintains inventory levels of cleaning products, paper supplies and other supplies used by the cleaning department.
• Maintains and completes cleaning checklists and cleaning standards. Ensures that SDS’s for all chemicals are current and up to date.
• Maintains the outside appearance of the funeral home by picking up debris, washing outdoor receptacles and furnishings, and watering flower pots.
• Reports any health and safety hazards to the Funeral Home Manager.
• Provides assistance to funeral home staff in general maintenance and cleanliness of the entire funeral home.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required for this role:
• Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent.
• Excellent knowledge of funeral home procedures and business practices including Everyday Excellence and Funeral Home Procedures Manuals.
• Demonstrates active community involvement and establishes a positive profile of the funeral home within the community.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Takes initiative to increase productivity in a safe manner.
• Exemplifies a solid understanding of sanitization practises
• Ability to lift up to 75 pounds, reach above shoulders and stand for 8 hours per day.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; verbal, written and presentation.
• Exemplifies Arbor’s values of integrity, trust, teamwork and excellence.
If you are interested in applying for this position please email your resume and cover letter to:
Heather Earle, Funeral Home Manager
Highland Funeral Home
Please quote “Cleaner” in the subject line.
We appreciate your interest, and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Completion of satisfactory business references, background checks (credit, criminal), employment testing and proof of education are essential conditions of employment
Arbor Memorial Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible work environment. If you are contacted for an interview and/or testing and require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.