Arbor Memorial Inc., through its subsidiaries, is a significant player in the cemetery and funeral business from coast to coast with over 140 locations across Canada.
Our Highland Funeral Home, Markham Chapel, located at 10 Cachet Woods Court in Markham, ON, is currently recruiting a Full-time Embalmer.
We are looking to fill this position with a qualified, action-oriented and self-motivated individual who is capable of prioritizing and handling multiple demands simultaneously.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Arranging the removal of the decedent from the place of death and/or goes to place of death and performs the removal.
• Ensuring proper identification of decedent by checking institutional documentation and applying the Arbor identification bracelet.
• Preparing the decedent according to the wishes of the survivors and requirements of the law including transferring the decedent from stretcher to preparation table, washing and clothing the decedent and transferring the decedent from the preparation table to casket.
• Maintaining the preparation room by performing sanitation and organization activities, cleans and maintains linens and ensures inventory such as chemical, sundry and personal protective equipment within the preparation room is maintained. Always follows the Universal Precautions.
• Completing purchase orders for required inventory and submits to management for approval.
• Completing and maintains all related documentation, including but not limited to embalming reports and decedent logs.
• Arranging the transfer of the decedent to and from the crematorium.
• Assisting with funeral services and arrangements.
• Performing general building upkeep and ensures the proper maintenance of funeral service vehicles including washing, interior care, cleaning, polishing, vehicle maintenance, vehicle maintenance scheduling and service care plans.
• May be required to work outside of regular business hours.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required for this role:
• Possesses a Funeral Directors license
• Requires a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Licensed Embalmer and/or Funeral Director.
• Demonstrates proven embalming, arrangement and directing skills.
• Demonstrates active community involvement and establishes a positive profile of the Funeral Home within the community.
• Proven strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
• Excellent attention to detail and consistently high level of accuracy.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; verbal and written.
• Demonstrates strong customer service skills with the ability to partner will all levels of the organization.
• Exemplifies Arbor’s values of integrity, trust, teamwork and excellence.
• Excellent knowledge of Funeral Home procedures and business practices including Brand You, Health and Safety Policies and Procedures and Funeral Home Procedures Manuals.
• Demonstrated personal and professional development through literature, professional educational seminars, etc.
• A valid driver’s license is a mandatory.
For more information about careers with Arbor Memorial Inc., please visit our career section at http://arbormemorial.com/Careers/
If you are interested in applying for this position please email your resume and cover letter to:
Please quote “(Embalmer)” in the subject line.
We appreciate your interest, and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Completion of satisfactory business references, background checks (credit, criminal), employment testing and proof of education are essential conditions of employment
Arbor Memorial Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible work environment. If you are contacted for an interview and/or testing and require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.