Full- Time Groundsperson- Westlawn Memorial Gardens
Westlawn Memorial Gardens located in Edmonton, Alberta has an immediate opening for a full-time Groundsperson. Westlawn Memorial Gardens has approximately 30 developed acres and performs approximately 450 dispositions annually. The property includes a funeral home, crematorium, an administration and sales office on site.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
All aspects of cemetery care including interments, customer service, memorial and monument installations, equipment maintenance and grounds maintenance.
If you have the ability to keep pace with the ever-changing service demands, are dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of our customers in a sensitive and professional manner, are a good team player, possess a positive attitude and are able to multitask and set priorities we want to hear from you.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required for this role:
• A grade 12 education or equivalent and a valid driver’s license are required.
• A valid driver’s license is required.
• The ability to lift 50lbs.
• This position is based on a 40 hour work week schedule, shift to be determined and may change as required for the needs of the business, including working of overtime when required.
• A certificate in Integrated Pest Management (IPM) would be an asset.
• A team player, with a positive attitude and the ability to multitask and set priorities.
• Previous landscaping, horticultural and/or cemetery experience, and a demonstrated interest in working outdoors is an asset.
• Exemplifies Arbor’s values of integrity, trust, teamwork and excellence.
If you are interested in applying for this position or know someone who may be qualified and interested, please email your resume and cover letter no later than March 5, 2018 to:
Jason Lauritsen, Property Manager
Westlawn Funeral Home & Cemetery
We appreciate your interest, and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Completion of satisfactory business references, background checks (credit, criminal), employment testing and proof of education are essential conditions of employment
Arbor Memorial Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible work environment. If you are contacted for an interview and/or testing and require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department.