Funeral Director - Sands FH - Colwood - BC
Sands Funeral Chapel and Reception Centre - Colwood located in Victoria, British Columbia is currently recruiting for one remaining full-time Funeral Director to join our amazing, dynamic team on the west coast.
Known as the city of flowers, this city is located at the southern tip of Vancouver Island. Boasting a mild climate, Victoria is an outdoor paradise. Boating, kayaking, hiking, rock climbing, cycling, gardening, golfing, or just walking and sightseeing in your own backyard, are many pleasures that can be enjoyed year-round. A wonderful place to raise a family, Victoria offers many programs and support services for children of all ages.
Our ideal candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Arranges, coordinates and directs funeral ceremonies.
• Provides support to our sister branch Sands Victoria.
• Meets and surpasses the needs and expectations of the families we serve.
• Maintains active involvement within the community and is committed to building and establishing effective relationships and rapport.
• Supports the Funeral Service Department’s vision of technology integration by understanding the role technology plays in the funeral home’s success.
The successful candidate must have the following:
• Funeral Directors and Embalmer’s license required. Every applicant will receive serious consideration. Please note that if you do not hold a British Columbia Funeral Director and/or Embalmer’s license, support will be provided in obtaining your license in the province of British Columbia.
• Displays proven, superior arrangement, directing and embalming skills.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team.
• Excellent attention to detail and consistently high level of accuracy.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; verbal, written and presentation.
• Demonstrated strong customer service skills with the ability to partner will all levels of the organization.
• Exemplifies Arbor’s values of integrity, trust, teamwork and excellence.
• Assumes ownership of ‘product’ – i.e. thoroughly believes in what Arbor is, and what we offer.
• Excellent knowledge of Funeral Home procedures and business practices including Brand You and Funeral Home Procedures Manuals.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Continually betters oneself via literature, professional educational seminars, etc.
• A valid driver’s license is a mandatory requirement for this position.
If you are interested in applying for this position or know someone who may be qualified and interested, please email your resume and cover letter to:
Julie Evans, Funeral Home Manager
We appreciate your interest, and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Completion of satisfactory business references, background checks (credit, criminal), employment testing and proof of education are essential conditions of employment
Arbor Memorial Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible work environment. If you are contacted for an interview and/or testing and require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department.