Embalmer - Glen Oaks FH
Glen Oaks Funeral Home & Cemetery located in Oakville, Ontario is currently recruiting for the part-time position of Embalmer.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Arranges the transfer of the decedent from the place of death and/or goes to place of death and performs the transfer.
- Ensures proper identification of decedents by checking institutional documentation and applying the Arbor identification bracelet.
- Prepares the decedent according to the wishes of the survivors and requirements of the law including transferring the decedent from stretcher to preparation table, washing, arterial and cavity embalming or basic preparation. Clothing the decedent and transferring the decedent from the preparation table to casket.
- Maintains the preparation room by performing sanitation and organization activities, cleans and maintains linens and ensures inventory such as chemical, sundry and personal protective equipment within the preparation room is maintained. Completes purchase orders for required inventory and submits to management for approval.
- Completes and maintains all related documentation, including but not limited to embalming reports and decedent logs.
- Arranges the transfer of the decedent to and from the crematorium.
- Ensures all legal and ethical requirements are communicated to the staff and fully adhered to.
- May be required to work outside of regular business hours.
Other duties may be assigned as required, in addition to the principal duties and responsibilities outlined above. Management reserves the right to change schedules and hours of work with appropriate notice
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required for this role:
- Possesses a Funeral Directors license – Class 1. Displays embalming skills.
- Demonstrates active community involvement and establishes a positive profile of the Funeral Home within the community.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team.
- Excellent attention to detail and consistently high level of accuracy.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; verbal, written and presentation.
- Demonstrates strong customer service skills with the ability to partner will all levels of the organization.
- Exemplifies Arbor’s values of compassion, integrity, trust, teamwork and excellence.
- Excellent knowledge of Funeral Home procedures and business practices including Brand You, Health and Safety Policies and Procedures and Funeral Home Procedures Manuals.
- Personal and professional development through literature, professional educational seminars, etc.
- A valid driver’s license is a mandatory requirement for this position.
If you are interested in applying for this position or know someone who may be qualified and interested, please email your resume and cover letter to:
Funeral Home Manager
We appreciate your interest, and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Completion of satisfactory business references, background checks (credit, criminal), employment testing and proof of education are essential conditions of employment
Arbor Memorial Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible work environment. If you are contacted for an interview and/or testing and require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department.