Glen Oaks MG - Groundsperson
Glen Oaks Funeral Home & Cemetery, located in Oakville, Ontario is currently recruiting for a full-time Groundsperson.
The successful candidate for this position strives to keep pace with the ever-changing service demands and is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of our customers in a sensitive and professional manner.
This position is based on a 40 hour work week, and may change as required for the needs of the business, including working of overtime when required.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- All aspects of cemetery care including interments, customer service, memorial and monument installations, equipment maintenance and grounds maintenance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required for this role:
- A grade 12 education or equivalent.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Heavy equipment operators training or certification would be an asset.
- A certificate in Integrated Pest Management (IPM) would be an asset.
- A team player, with a positive attitude and the ability to multitask and set priorities.
- Previous landscaping, horticultural and/or cemetery experience, and a demonstrated interest in working outdoors is an asset.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Exemplifies Arbor’s values of compassion, integrity, trust, teamwork, and excellence.
If you are interested in applying for this position or know someone who may be qualified and interested, please email your resume and cover letter to:
Steve Barry, Property Manager
We appreciate your interest, and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Completion of satisfactory business references, background checks (credit, criminal), employment testing and proof of education are essential conditions of employment
Arbor Memorial Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible work environment. If you are contacted for an interview and/or testing and require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department.