Groundsperson - Etobicoke
Glendale Funeral Home and Cemetery located in Etobicoke, Ontario has an immediate opening for a full-time groundsperson. Glendale has approximately 64 developed acres and performs approximately 1200 dispositions annually. The property includes an administration and sales office as well as an onsite Funeral Home and Crematorium.
The successful candidate for this position strives to keep pace with the ever-changing service demands and is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of our customers in a sensitive and professional manner.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
• All aspects of cemetery care including interments, customer service, memorial and monument installations, equipment maintenance and grounds maintenance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required for this role:
• A grade 12 education or equivalent.
• A valid driver’s license is required.
• Heavy equipment operators training or certification would be an asset.
• A certificate in Integrated Pest Management (IPM) would be an asset.
• A team player, with a positive attitude and the ability to multitask and set priorities.
• Previous landscaping, horticultural and/or cemetery experience, and a demonstrated interest in working outdoors is an asset.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds.
• Exemplifies Arbor’s values of integrity, trust, teamwork and excellence.
If you are interested in applying for this position or know someone who may be qualified and interested, please email your resume and cover letter to:
Randy Copeland, Property Manager
We appreciate your interest, and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Completion of satisfactory business references, background checks (credit, criminal), employment testing and proof of education are essential conditions of employment
Arbor Memorial Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible work environment. If you are contacted for an interview and/or testing and require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department.