Groundsperson - Highland Memory Gardens
Arbor Memorial Inc., through its subsidiaries, is a significant player in the cemetery and funeral business from coast to coast with over 140 locations across Canada.
Our Highland Memory Gardens location, located at 33 Memory Gardens Lane, Willowdale, Ontario is currently recruiting a full-time Groundsperson.
This position reports to the Property Manager and will be required to: beautify the cemetery while adhering to all safety policies and programs and performs all services in a quality manner.
We are looking to fill this position with a qualified, action-oriented and self-motivated individual who is capable of prioritizing and handling multiple demands simultaneously.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- All aspects of cemetery care including interments, customer service, memorial and monument installations, equipment maintenance and grounds maintenance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required for this role:
- A grade 12 education or equivalent.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Heavy equipment operators training or certification would be an asset.
- A certificate in Integrated Pest Management (IPM) would be an asset.
- A team player, with a positive attitude and the ability to multitask and set priorities.
- Previous landscaping, horticultural and/or cemetery experience, and a demonstrated interest in working outdoors is an asset.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Exemplifies Arbor’s values of integrity, trust, teamwork and excellence.
For more information about careers with Arbor Memorial Inc., please visit our career section at http://arbormemorial.com/Careers/
If you are interested in applying for this position please email your resume and cover letter to:
Mark Ambrozic, Property Manager
Please quote “Groundsperson” in the subject line.
We appreciate your interest, and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Completion of satisfactory business references, background checks (credit, criminal), employment testing and proof of education are essential conditions of employment