Groundsperson - Memory Gardens
Memory Gardens is currently recruiting for a full-time Groundsperson. Memory has approximately 60 developed acres and is presently performing 375 interments annually. This property consists of an on-site administration and sales office and an on-site Funeral Home performing approximately 138 calls annually.
Our ideal candidate will be responsible for the following:
• All aspects of cemetery care including interments, entombments, memorial/monument installations, equipment and grounds maintenance.
The successful candidate for this position strives to keep pace with the ever-changing service demands and is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of our customers in a sensitive and professional manner.
The successful candidate must have the following:
• A Grade 12 education or equivalent.
• A valid driver’s license is required.
• The ability to lift 50lbs.
• This position is based on 40 hour work week, including working of overtime when required.
• Welding and mechanical ability
• Certificate in Integrated Pest Management (IPM), would be an asset
• A team player, with a positive attitude and the ability to multitask and set priorities.
• Previous experience in landscaping, horticultural and/or cemetery environment and a demonstrated interest in working outdoor is an asset.
• Exemplifies Arbor’s values of integrity, trust, teamwork and excellence.
If you are interested in applying for this position or know someone who may be qualified and interested, please email your resume and cover letter to:
Damian Cesnik, Property Manager
We appreciate your interest, and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Completion of satisfactory business references, background checks (credit, criminal), employment testing and proof of education are essential conditions of employment
Arbor Memorial Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible work environment. If you are contacted for an interview and/or testing and require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department.