Hostess, Highland Scarborough
Our Highland Funeral Home Scarborough Chapel, located at 3280 Sheppard Ave East Scarborough Ontario is currently recruiting a part-time Hostess.
Reporting to the Funeral Home Manager, the Hostess provides customer service to families while in the reception area.
We are looking to fill this position with a qualified, action-oriented and self-motivated individual who is capable of prioritizing and handling multiple demands simultaneously.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Set up food and beverages for the reception.
- Greets client families as they enter the funeral home.
- Provide guidance and assistance where required.
- Maintain and clean table while guests are seated in the reception area.
- Clean-up the reception area including but not limited to vacuuming, washing dishes and changing garbage’s.
- Provides assistance to funeral home staff in general maintenance and cleanliness of the entire funeral home.
- Other duties may be assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required for this role:
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Smart Serve Certification would be an asset
- Excellent knowledge of funeral home procedures and business practices including Everyday Excellence and Funeral Home Procedures Manuals.
- Demonstrates active community involvement and establishes a positive profile of the funeral home within the community.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team.
- Excellent attention to detail and consistently high level of accuracy.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; verbal, written and presentation.
- Demonstrates strong customer service skills with the ability to partner will all levels of the organization.
- Exemplifies Arbor’s values of integrity, trust, teamwork and excellence.
If you are interested in applying for this position or know someone who may be qualified and interested, please email your resume and cover letter to:
We appreciate your interest, and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Completion of satisfactory business references, background checks (credit, criminal), employment testing and proof of education are essential conditions of employment
Arbor Memorial Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible work environment. If you are contacted for an interview and/or testing and require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department.