Licensed Funeral Director
Arbor Memorial Inc., through its subsidiaries, is a significant player in the cemetery and funeral business from coast to coast with over 140 locations across Canada.
Our Nisbett Location, located in Peterborough, Ontario is currently recruiting a Full-Time Licensed Funeral Director
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Arranges, coordinates and directs funeral ceremonies.
• Meets and surpasses the needs and expectations of the families we serve.
• Maintains active involvement within the community and is committed to building and establishing effective relationships and rapport.
• Supports the Funeral Service Department’s vision of technology integration by understanding the role technology plays in the funeral home’s success.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required for this role:
• Possesses a Funeral Directors license and has experience as a licensed Funeral Director. Displays proven, superior arrangement, directing and embalming skills.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team.
• Excellent attention to detail and consistently high level of accuracy.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; verbal, written and presentation.
• Demonstrated strong customer service skills with the ability to partner will all levels of the organization.
• Exemplifies Arbor’s values of integrity, trust, teamwork and excellence.
• Assumes ownership of ‘product’ – i.e. thoroughly believes in what Arbor is, and what we offer.
• Excellent knowledge of Funeral Home procedures and business practices including Brand You and Funeral Home Procedures Manuals.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Continually betters oneself via literature, professional educational seminars, etc.
• A valid driver’s license is a mandatory requirement for this position.
For more information about careers with Arbor Memorial Inc., please visit our career section at http://arbormemorial.com/Careers/
If you are interested in applying for this position please email your resume and cover letter to:
Tim English, Funeral Home Manager
Nisbett Funeral Home
Please quote “(Funeral Director)” in the subject line.