Para Funeral Assistant - Atlantic Funeral Home- Dartmouth
Arbor Memorial Inc., through its subsidiaries, is a significant player in the cemetery and funeral business from coast to coast with over 140 locations across Canada.
Our Darmouth Location, located at 771 Main St. Dartmouth, Nova Scotia is currently recruiting a part-time Para Funeral.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Greets client families as they enter the funeral home.
• Arranges the transfer of decedent to the funeral home or crematorium as required.
• Assists with prayers, visitations and funeral services.
• Drives funeral vehicles when required by the funeral home.
• Performs general building upkeep and ensures the proper maintenance of funeral service vehicles including washing, interior care, cleaning, polishing, vehicle maintenance, vehicle maintenance scheduling and service care plans.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required for this role:
• Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent and knowledge of basic accounting.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team.
• Excellent attention to detail and consistently high level of accuracy.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; verbal, written and presentation.
• Demonstrates strong customer service skills with the ability to partner will all levels of the organization.
• Exemplifies Arbor’s values of integrity, trust, teamwork and excellence.
• Excellent knowledge of Funeral Home procedures and business practices including Brand You and Funeral Home Procedures Manuals.
• Demonstrates active community involvement and establishes a positive profile of the Funeral Home within the community.
• A valid driver’s license is a mandatory requirement for this position.
For more information about careers with Arbor Memorial Inc., please visit our career section at http://arbormemorial.com/Careers/
If you are interested in applying for this position please email your resume and cover letter to:
Mark Hooftman, General Manager
We appreciate your interest, and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Completion of satisfactory business references, background checks (credit, criminal), employment testing and proof of education are essential conditions of employment
Arbor Memorial Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible work environment. If you are contacted for an interview and/or testing and require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department.