Para Funeral Assistant
Arbor Memorial Inc., through its subsidiaries, is a significant player in the cemetery and funeral business from coast to coast with over 140 locations across Canada
Our Highland Funeral Home – Markham Chapel located in Markham, Ontario is currently recruiting for a part time position of Para Funeral Assistant.
Reporting to the Funeral Home Manager or General Manager, the Para Funeral Assistant is a self-motivated individual who can demonstrate initiative and work with minimal supervision while complying with Company policies and procedures. The incumbent must work well as part of the team as the primary provider of administrative support to funeral home staff and client families.
We are looking to fill this position with a qualified, action-oriented and self-motivated individual who is capable of prioritizing and handling multiple demands simultaneously.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Greets client families as they enter the funeral homes
- Arranges the transfer of decedent to the funeral home or crematorium as required.
- Assists with basic preparation work such as removals, dressing and casketing decedents.
- Assists with prayers, visitations and funeral services.
- Drives funeral vehicles when required by the funeral home.
- Position is casual part time and that evening and weekend work is required.
- Performs general building upkeep and ensures the proper maintenance of funeral service vehicles including washing, interior care, cleaning, polishing, vehicle maintenance, vehicle maintenance scheduling and service care plans.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required for this role:
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent and knowledge of basic accounting.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team.
- Excellent attention to detail and consistently high level of accuracy.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; verbal, written and presentation.
- Demonstrates strong customer service skills with the ability to partner will all levels of the organization.
- Exemplifies Arbor’s values of integrity, trust, teamwork and excellence.
- Excellent knowledge of Funeral Home procedures and business practices including Brand You and Funeral Home Procedures Manuals.
- Demonstrates active community involvement and establishes a positive profile of the Funeral Home within the community.
- A valid driver’s license is a mandatory requirement for this position.
For more information about careers with Arbor Memorial Inc., please visit our career section at http://arbormemorial.com/Careers/
If you are interested in applying for this position please email your resume and cover letter to:
Heather Earle, Funeral Home Manager email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote “Para Funeral – Markham” in the subject line.
We appreciate your interest, and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Satisfactory references, background checks (credit, criminal) and proof of education are an essential condition of employment.
Arbor Memorial Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Department if any accommodations are needed. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.