Para Funeral Assistant (On-Call)
Scott Funeral Home, West Toronto Chapel located in Toronto, Ontario is currently recruiting an on-call Para Funeral Assistant.
We are looking to fill this position with a qualified, action-oriented and self-motivated individual who is capable of prioritizing and handling multiple demands simultaneously.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Greets and assists families upon their arrival at the funeral home
• Arranges the transfer of decedent to the funeral home or crematorium as required.
• Assists with basic preparation work such as removals, dressing and casketing decedents.
• Assists with the preparation of various rooms, during visitations, various rituals, funeral services, burials and any other task related.
• Drives funeral vehicles when required by the funeral home.
• Performs general building upkeep and ensures the proper maintenance of funeral service vehicles including washing, interior care, cleaning, polishing, general vehicle maintenance including scheduling and service care plans.
• Other duties or special projects as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required for this role:
• Completion of High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team.
• Excellent attention to detail and consistently high level of accuracy.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; verbal, written and presentation.
• Demonstrates strong customer service skills with the ability to partner will all levels of the organization.
• Exemplifies Arbor’s values of integrity, trust, teamwork and excellence.
• Excellent knowledge of Funeral Home procedures and business practices including Brand you and Funeral Home Procedures Manuals.
• Demonstrates active community involvement and establishes a positive profile of the Funeral Home within the community.
• A valid driver’s license is a mandatory requirement for this position.
If you are interested in applying for this position or know someone who may be qualified and interested, please email your resume and cover letter no later than March 16, 2018 to:
Tracey Witzel, Funeral Home Manager
We appreciate your interest, and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Completion of satisfactory business references, background checks (credit, criminal), employment testing and proof of education are essential conditions of employment
Arbor Memorial Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible work environment. If you are contacted for an interview and/or testing and require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department.