Part-Time Building Maintenance
Our Operations and Development Department at Head Office, located at 2 Jane Street, Toronto, ON is currently recruiting a part-time Building Maintenance employee.
Reporting to the Building Manager this position assists with maintaining the facilities including the interior and exterior of the building named Arbor Jane known municipally as 2 Jane Street, Toronto, Ontario. Providing excellent customer service and a well-maintained building for the benefit of our employees, tenants and the general public. Act as Arbor Jane representative to all tenants, public and Arbor staff in the most professional manner.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Prioritizing assigned work activities and projects which may include but are not limited to; painting, changing light bulbs, gardening, snow removal, cleaning and furniture moves.
- Supervising contractors and tenant contractors as required. In the absence of the Building Manager.
- Receiving input from tenants and staff of any deficiencies in and around the building.
- Providing information to the tenants and responding to all customer service requests in a timely fashion.
- Solving work-related problems with minimum supervision.
- Providing coverage for public holidays and vacation while the Property Manager is off.
- Performing care and maintenance and operating activities on a daily basis.
- Ensuring that equipment is in good working condition; purchase required supplies;
- Maintaining a positive working relationship with suppliers, tenants and Arbor administration staff; meeting with these groups on a regular basis and responding to their requests.
- Participating in annual training program for health and safety, WHMIS 2015, and other programs as required.
- Performing seasonal duties, such as maintaining the gardens in front of the building and snow removal and maintaining safe walkways and entryways
Other duties may be assigned as required, in addition to the principal duties and responsibilities outlined above.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required for this role:
- Completion of a grade 12 high school diploma.
- Previous office maintenance experience, horticulture training and or experience would be an asset.
- Strong knowledge of WHMIS 2015, Health and Safety training.
- Valid driver’s license is required and access to a vehicle.
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs.
- Required to be on-call and work a flexible schedule. Must work weekends.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize duties, to meet deadlines and work effectively independently or as part of a team with a minimum amount of supervision.
- Excellent attention to detail and consistently high level of accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills with the ability to partner with all levels of the organization.
- Exemplifies Arbor’s values of compassion, integrity, trust, teamwork and excellence.
If you are interested in applying for this position or know someone who may be qualified and interested, please email your resume and cover letter to:
We appreciate your interest, and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Completion of satisfactory business references, background checks (credit, criminal), employment testing and proof of education are essential conditions of employment
Arbor Memorial Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible work environment. If you are contacted for an interview and/or testing and require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department.