Pre-Planning Funeral Director - Windsor, ON
Arbor Memorial Inc. is Canada’s leading cemetery and funeral provider with over 140 locations from coast to coast.
We are recruiting for a Pre Need Funeral Director to service our locations in Windsor, Ontario. The Pre Planning Funeral Director is responsible for promoting and providing funeral planning by contacting and meeting clients to pre-arrange their funerals and discuss pre arranging cemetery products and services.
We are looking to fill this position with a qualified, action-oriented and self-motivated individual who is capable of prioritizing and handling multiple demands simultaneously.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Working various lead sources, contacting and visiting client families to assess pre-arrangement needs.
• Communicating the Company’s Pre Need Funeral planning program.
• Generating lead sources by following-up on all referrals, walk-ins and mail drops, working with at-need families to promote the after-care program.
• Presenting to community organizations, arranging and hosting seminars and mall shows, notifying agencies and special groups about the pre-need funeral program and reviewing all files.
• Establishing and organizing programs and seminars at the funeral home, with guest speakers and arranges co-sponsors of the seminars and programs.
• Ensuring all contracts are accurately completed, required signatures are obtained, copies are forwarded to appropriate parties and that files are maintained.
• Participating in funeral home and cemetery staff and management meetings, communicates regularly with all funeral home and cemetery staff to obtain and provide information on the families served or new lead sources.
• Other duties or special projects as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required for this role:
• Must be a licensed Funeral Director (Class 1 or 2)
• 1-2 years previous experience working in the funeral services industry.
• Willing to demonstrate active community involvement and establish a positive profile of the Funeral Home within the community.
• A valid driver’s license and vehicle are a mandatory requirement for this position.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team.
• Excellent attention to detail and consistently high level of accuracy.
• Possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; verbal, written and presentation.
• Demonstrates strong customer service skills with the ability to partner will all levels of the organization.
• Exemplifies Arbor’s values of integrity, trust, teamwork and excellence.
For more information about careers with Arbor Memorial Inc., please visit our career section at http://arbormemorial.com/Careers/.
If you are interested in applying for this position or know someone who may be qualified and interested, please email your resume and cover letter to:
Michael Montanaro, Manager, Pre-Planning, Funeral Service
We appreciate your interest, and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Completion of satisfactory business references, background checks (credit, criminal), employment testing and proof of education are essential conditions of employment
Arbor Memorial Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible work environment. If you are contacted for an interview and/or testing and require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.