Arbor Memorial Inc., through its subsidiaries, is a significant player in the cemetery and funeral business from coast to coast with over 140 locations across Canada.
The Information Services Department at Head Office, 2 Jane Street, Toronto, ON is currently recruiting a full-time Regional Technician to join their team.
Reporting to the Manager, Service Delivery and End User Computing, the Regional Technician is responsible for providing first level technical assistance to all Arbor Information Services clients, in a timely and service oriented manner. Providing technical support expertise to resolve hardware, software and network related technology incidents and service requests. This position will be required to travel to Arbor locations across Ontario.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Supporting the branches within the region for all field related IT projects, issues and challenges
- Responding to all phone and email requests for assistance in a timely basis while adhering to established Arbor service level agreements.
- Acting as a liaison between the front line works and Information Services ensuring branch needs are met
- Resolving all incidents and service requests to the client’s satisfaction. Resolution for all incidents and service requests is to be clearly documented in the Service Desk software.
- Following all Arbor problem determination guidelines and policies.
- Assisting clients with the use of technology. Configuring and installing peripheral devices and offers technical training for front line as required.
- Using strong interpersonal and communication skills to build and foster partnerships with teammates across enterprise.
- Travelling to various Arbor branches within Ontario to support front line workers.
- Project work as assigned.
Other duties may be assigned as required, in addition to the principal duties and responsibilities outlined above.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required for this role:
- 2-5 years of experience in an IT environment is an asset.
- A degree or diploma from an accredited post-secondary institution in Information Technology or an IS related program.
- Related professional certifications/designations are an asset.
- Good awareness of current and emerging technologies and their potential in the business environment.
- Strong knowledge of hardware, server, desktop and LAN operating systems and networking.
- Proficiency with Windows operating systems, Microsoft productivity software, Microsoft Outlook/Exchange, Internet Explorer, end user computers (i.e. desktops, notebooks, tablets), print/fax/copy technologies and end user mobility devices.
- Excellent customer service skills and an ability to partner with all levels of the organization, a commitment to service excellence, quality and communication.
- Ability to adapt to changing workloads, conflicting priorities and concurrent activities, and work to meet deadlines.
- Able to exercise sound judgment and make decisions within scope of position.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team.
- Excellent attention to detail and consistently high level of accuracy.
- Ability to travel including a valid Ontario driver’s license and access to personal vehicle.
- Consistently provides outstanding internal customer service by exemplifying Arbor’s core service values and corporate values of Integrity, Trust, Teamwork and Excellence.
If you are interested in applying for this position please email your resume and cover letter to HR@arbormemorial.com
We appreciate your interest, and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Completion of satisfactory business references, background checks (credit, criminal), employment testing and proof of education are essential conditions of employment
Arbor Memorial Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible work environment. If you are contacted for an interview and/or testing and require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.