Where Your Memories Live on Forever
Memorializing your loved one is an important part of the grieving process. You want to say something special about the life they lived, the impact they had, and the legacy they leave behind. There are many ways to pay tribute, with a unique memorial that will serve as a place for family and friends to connect and remember.
Whether you prefer cremation or burial, our specialists will help you choose the perfect way to commemorate a special life. We work with you, your funeral home and place of worship to make sure everything goes smoothly.
Make a Tribute that Makes a Statement
Traditional or contemporary, customized choices for burial and cremation memorialization are as limitless as your imagination. Some options include:
- Bronze memorials, installed on a granite base and set flush with the ground. Bronze is also the memorialization for outdoor columbarium niches, which hold cremated remains.
- Upright monuments, made from the finest granite quarried worldwide, and installed on a minimum four-foot deep concrete foundation to avoid future leaning.
- The Living Tribute Program, which features a small tree, planted in our cemetery as a symbol of hope, and a sign of new life that will someday stand tall as a living tribute to your loved one. A suitable plaque identifies the family or person whose memory is being honoured.
- Benches, and garden features such as rocks and sundials are unique ways to honour the memory and pay tribute to your loved one.
- Indoor glass-front columbarium niches, which hold cremated remains, provide for comfortable, year-round visitation
- Outdoor columbarium niches: often surrounded by gardens, trees and nature, these outdoor features allow for a personal and tranquil setting
- Crypts are family memorials that can be built to accommodate multiple generations. These can range from modest to elaborate and are personal reflections of the family. The options are endless.
- Mausoleums are climate-controlled, indoor buildings that house both crypts and niches. Certain areas are designated or blessed by religious leaders or allow for specific family customs. Your loved one’s memorial can be made even more unique with an engraved picture, special scene, or epitaph.
To reduce the burden on your family, consider pre-planning you own final arrangements. This allows you to design your own memorial. We offer valuable benefits when you pre-plan with Atlantic Funeral Home - Darmouth. including the Perpetual Care Program, which always ensures a beautifully maintained resting place. Learn more about pre-planning your final arrangements.
Memorialization and personalization choices
A final resting place is a sacred space. Whether it’s elaborative and decorative, or understated and refined, it will be a place that friends and family members will visit for generations to come not only to grieve but also to honour and remember. Find out more in our educational video.