Where Your Memories Live on Forever
Long after the funeral ceremony and reception are over, the memories of a special life live on. Today’s choices for lasting memorialization offer new opportunities to make a statement about the unique nature of that life. Family and friends can experience a deeper sense of connection with their memories and with one another in a tranquil setting that’s guaranteed to be maintained forever.
Whether burial or cremation is chosen, our specialists provide the options and information you need to make decisions with confidence.
Make a Tribute that Makes a Statement
Traditional or contemporary, customized choices for burial and cremation memorialization are as limitless as your imagination. Some options include:
- Bronze memorials, installed on a granite base and set flush with the ground. Bronze is also the memorialization for outdoor columbarium niches, which hold cremated remains.
- Upright monuments, made from the finest granite quarried worldwide, and installed on a minimum four-foot deep concrete foundation to avoid future leaning.
- The Living Tribute Program, which features a small tree, planted in our cemetery as a symbol of hope, and a sign of new life that will someday stand tall as a living tribute to your loved one. A suitable plaque identifies the family or person whose memory is being honoured.
- Benches, and garden features such as rocks and sundials are unique ways to honour the memory and pay tribute to your loved one.
- Indoor glass-front columbarium niches, which hold cremated remains, provide for comfortable, year-round visitation
- Outdoor columbarium niches: often surrounded by gardens, trees and nature, these outdoor features allow for a personal and tranquil setting
- Crypts are family memorials that can be built to accommodate multiple generations. These can range from modest to elaborate and are personal reflections of the family. The options are endless.
- Mausoleums are climate-controlled, indoor buildings that house both crypts and niches. Certain areas are designated or blessed by religious leaders or allow for specific family customs.
Your loved one's memorial can be made even more unique with an engraved picture, special scene, or epitaph.
Today, through pre-planning, you can make decisions ahead of time and design your own unique memorial statement. You will save money and reduce the burden for your family. And when you pre-plan with Valley View Funeral Home & Cemetery, you will receive valuable benefits, including the Perpetual Care Program, which ensures a beautifully maintained resting place for all time. Learn more about pre-planning your final arrangements.
The Benefits of Planning Ahead
- Savings: Planning early offers cost savings of up to thousands of dollars.
- Reduce the burden on your family: Planning your final arrangements ahead of time reduces the responsibilities on your family at their time of distress.
- Peace of mind: Gain comfort in knowing your plans are ready.
Memorialization and personalization choices
A final resting place is a sacred space. Whether it’s elaborative and decorative, or understated and refined, it will be a place that friends and family members will visit for generations to come not only to grieve but also to honour and remember. Find out more in our educational video.