Arbor Update on COVID-19
Easter Weekend Notification
For the Easter Weekend (April 10-12) our cemeteries will be closed to general public, except for scheduled interments.
Please know that this was a difficult decision for us to make, as our preference would be to remain open for families to visit their loved ones. However, we must adhere to government physical distancing guidelines and protect the health and safety of our guests and staff.
The holidays bring a dramatic increase in traffic to our cemeteries and we believe it safest for everyone to close them this weekend.
Our cemeteries will only be closed for this weekend. We will reopen again the following Monday with our regular hours. Please visit our website www.arbormemorial.com/locations if you require more information or you wish to book an appointment with cemetery staff.
For our cemetery locations with onsite Funeral Homes, staff are available to serve families. Appointments are encouraged, with physical distancing and screening measures in place for all appointments.
Thank you again for your understanding. These are challenging times, and we appreciate your cooperation.
- We remain available to serve our families
- Updated Health and Safety Protocols
- Safe distance protocols
- For all funeral, cremation and interment services
- Cremation Witnessing
- Employee Safety
We remain available to serve our families
Given the current situation with COVID-19, we want to reassure you that we have a number of ways to communicate, share information and provide complete services to you.
Our offices are also open daily with professional staff available to serve you.
Should you find it more convenient or preferable to reach us via phone, email, text messaging, online through our website, or by FaceTime, Skype or Zoom meeting, all of these channels are available at all our locations.
Our first concern is to be responsive to the needs of our community. If you have experienced the loss of a loved one or are completing pre-arrangements for your family, our staff can be contacted and a full range of services can be provided in the convenience of your home or any location with phone or internet access.
Please contact us at any time and we will be there to serve your needs.
Updated Health and Safety Protocols
We have implemented a number of measures to help protect the health and safety of our staff and guests. We ask for your understanding as we navigate these challenging times together.
- Our locations are being continually cleaned and sanitized between appointments and events
- Our staff are equipped with necessary safety equipment including masks and gloves
Safe distance protocols
Beginning immediately, our employees will not engage in physical contact such as handshakes and hugs with one another or members of the public. Whenever possible, they will observe a 6-foot distance. Our staff will also be wearing gloves, and in some cases masks.
All visitors to our locations (with the exception of cemetery grounds) will be asked:
- Have you or any member of your immediate family been in contact with someone who has or is suspected to have COVID-19?
- Are you or any member of your immediate family in self-isolation?
- Has Public Health been involved?
- Do you have any of these symptoms:
- New onset of cough
- Chills or shivers
- Shortness of breath
If a guest answers YES they will be asked to return home. All funeral or cemetery arrangements can be made remotely.
We may request to take the temperature of guests before entering the building. We will also ask that you wash your hands immediately upon entering the building.
For all funeral, cremation and interment services
- Any person who is under quarantine is not permitted to attend services.
- Funerals and visitation guest gatherings will be subject to provincial mass gathering limits.
- This number may be lower depending on the capacity of the funeral home chapel.
- We will encourage social distancing in chapel seating.
- We will attempt, whenever possible, to offer a private family service with streamed service for extended family and friends.
- We ask that you avoid expressions of sympathy like handshaking, hugging and other direct physical contact with your guests.
- We encourage families to include a message in their obituaries and notices that anybody who is unwell not attend, and to limit physical contact if they do.
- Mausoleums and indoor niches will be immediately closed to casual visitation.
- Our cemeteries remain open to families wishing to visit a loved one’s burial lot.
- For lot interments and crypt entombments, casketed remains will be placed on a cemetery device or carriage, committal prayers will be completed, if requested, and thereafter patrons will be invited to leave - allowing our staff to complete the interment or burial.
- There will be no witnessing for the time being.
- Cremation interments and niche interments are permitted on a scheduled basis.
- Witnessing of the cremation process in the Cremation Chamber Room will be restricted to a maximum of two family members only. All other visitors must maintain a controlled distance of at least six feet from the operator, behind a defined barrier or glass partition.
- Universal precautions, including all necessary protective supplies and equipment, will be utilized by Arbor employees.
- Our priority is to protect the health and safety of our Arbor employees, while continuing to offer essential services at all of our locations.
- Staff have been provided with PPE including gloves and masks. They are required to follow physical distancing measures from each other and our guests.
- Many have been provided the option of working remotely when/where possible.
- Our staff have the ability to connect with each other and guests via remote conferencing, and hold appointments online, over the phone and scan contracts electronically.