Creating a memorial provides family and friends with a place to grieve, reflect and remember. From an elaborate mausoleum to a customized bronze plaque, we offer special and meaningful ways to commemorate a unique life.
Regardless of whether cremation or traditional burial is chosen, our caring staff offers the guidance and direction you need to make the perfect choices. While Eventide Funeral Chapel & Crematorium will work closely with any cemetery you choose, we suggest you consider our sister Arbor Memorial cemeteries: Eden Brook and Mountain View.
Make a Tribute that Makes a Statement
There are many ways to honour a life. We have countless memorials options available, including:
- Bronze memorials, placed on a granite base and generally flush with the ground, these can also be used to enhance outdoor columbarium niches for cremated remains.
- Upright monuments, placed on a minimum four-foot concrete pad to avoid leaning in the long-term and crafted from the finest granite.
- The Living Tribute Program, which plants a tree in the cemetery to honour the spirit of your loved one, with an accompanying plaque that identifies the family and/or person being memorialized.
- Benches, and garden features such as rocks and sundials are a uniquely natural way to memorialize your loved one.
- Indoor glass-front columbarium niches, which hold cremated remains, allow year-round visitation in a comfortable setting.
- Outdoor columbarium niches place cremated remains in a tranquil and natural setting.
- Crypts hold multiple generations of a family. With virtually any shape, style or size available, we can design anything you would like to honour your family.
- Mausoleums are climate-controlled buildings that house both crypts and niches. We offer special areas for specific religious or family customs.
You might consider pictures, pictorial etchings or engraved inscriptions to make your memorial that much more special and unique.
An increasingly popular option, pre-planning lets you take the burden off of your family, while giving you a chance to customize your memorial. We also provide valuable benefits when pre-planning with Eventide Funeral Home, including the Perpetual Care Program, which ensures your resting place is always meticulously maintained. To find out more about pre-planning your final arrangements, click here.
The Benefits of Planning Ahead
- Savings: Planning early offers cost savings of up to thousands of dollars.
- Reduce the burden on your family: Planning your final arrangements ahead of time reduces the responsibilities on your family at their time of distress.
- Peace of mind: Gain comfort in knowing your plans are ready.
A final resting place is a sacred space. Whether it’s elaborative and decorative, or understated and refined, it will be a place that friends and family members will visit for generations to come not only to grieve but also to honour and remember. Find out more in our educational video.