A cemetery memorial is a lasting remembrance of your loved one. And today, there are many, many ways to honour a special life, letting you design a personalized tribute, and provide a place for family and friends to gather, reconnect and remember.
Whether cremation or burial is chosen, we will guide you through your choices, helping customize your memorial. And we also collaborate with your place of worship or funeral home to make the journey a seamless one.
Make a Tribute that Makes a Statement
Traditional or contemporary, customized choices for burial and cremation memorialization are as limitless as your imagination. Some options include:
- Bronze memorials, installed on a granite base and set flush with the ground. Bronze is also the memorialization for outdoor columbarium niches, which hold cremated remains.
- Upright monuments, made from the finest granite quarried worldwide, and installed on a minimum four-foot deep concrete foundation to avoid future leaning.
- The Living Tribute Program, which features a small tree, planted in our cemetery as a symbol of hope, and a sign of new life that will someday stand tall as a living tribute to your loved one. A suitable plaque identifies the family or person whose memory is being honoured.
- Benches, and garden features such as rocks and sundials are unique ways to honour the memory and pay tribute to your loved one.
- Indoor glass-front columbarium niches, which hold cremated remains, provide for comfortable, year-round visitation
- Outdoor columbarium niches: often surrounded by gardens, trees and nature, these outdoor features allow for a personal and tranquil setting
- Crypts are family memorials that can be built to accommodate multiple generations. These can range from modest to elaborate and are personal reflections of the family. The options are endless.
- Mausoleums are climate-controlled, indoor buildings that house both crypts and niches. Certain areas are designated or blessed by religious leaders or allow for specific family customs.
Planning ahead helps ease the burden and financial strain on your family. Our experts will walk you through the important choices and help you design your memorial, giving you a chance to decide how you would like to be remembered. As well, there are valuable benefits when you pre-plan with Glenwood Funeral Home & Cemetery, including the Perpetual Care Program, which ensures a beautifully maintained resting place. Get started now – click here to learn more about pre-planning your final arrangements.
The Benefits of Planning Ahead
- Savings: Planning early offers cost savings of up to thousands of dollars.
- Reduce the burden on your family: Planning your final arrangements ahead of time reduces the responsibilities on your family at their time of distress.
- Peace of mind: Gain comfort in knowing your plans are ready.
Take a video tour of our lush grounds, with beautiful and well-maintained landscaping, features and ornamentation.
Take an overhead tour of our cemetery's beautifully kept grounds, which provide a serene natural environment in which to remember and celebrate your loved ones.
Time and time again, members of Glenwood’s Vietnamese community remark on the serenity of the garden and its natural beauty, standing out in the prairie sky on a hill with a northern view. We’re honoured to provide the community with a serene final place of rest that highlights the Vietnamese culture and supports traditional practices around the journey of grief. To learn more about Vietnamese gardens click here.
A final resting place is a sacred space. Whether it’s elaborative and decorative, or understated and refined, it will be a place that friends and family members will visit for generations to come not only to grieve but also to honour and remember. Find out more in our educational video.