Licensed Funeral Director - Highland Funeral Home
Highland Funeral Home located in Scarborough, Ontario is currently recruiting for a full-time Licensed Funeral Director.
Our ideal candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Arranges, coordinates and directs funeral ceremonies.
- Meets and surpasses the needs and expectations of the families we serve.
- Maintains active involvement within the community and is committed to building and establishing effective relationships and rapport.
- Supports the Funeral Service Department’s vision of technology integration by understanding the role technology plays in the funeral home’s success.
The successful candidate must have the following:
- Possesses a Funeral Directors license and has a minimum of 1-5 years of experience as a licensed Funeral Director. Displays proven, superior arrangement, directing and embalming skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team.
- Excellent attention to detail and consistently high level of accuracy.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; verbal, written and presentation.
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills with the ability to partner will all levels of the organization.
- Exemplifies Arbor’s values of integrity, trust, teamwork and excellence.
- Assumes ownership of ‘product’ – i.e. thoroughly believes in what Arbor is, and what we offer.
- Excellent knowledge of Funeral Home procedures and business practices including Brand You and Funeral Home Procedures Manuals.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Continually betters oneself via literature, professional educational seminars, etc.
- A valid driver’s license is a mandatory requirement for this position.
If you are interested in applying for this position or know someone who may be qualified and interested, please email your resume and cover letter no later than September 22, 2017 to:
Chris Leeder, Funeral Home Manager
Highland Funeral Home – Scarborough
Every applicant will receive serious consideration, however, Arbor Memorial Inc. reserves the right to interview and hire an applicant not presently employed by the organization. Arbor Memorial Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.