Where Your Memories Live on Forever
Long after the funeral ceremony and reception are over, the memories of a special life live on. Today’s choices for lasting memorialization offer new opportunities to make a statement about the unique nature of that life. Family and friends can experience a deeper sense of connection with their memories and with one another in a tranquil setting that’s guaranteed to be maintained forever.
Whether cremation or burial is chosen, we will guide you through your choices, helping customize your memorial. And we also collaborate with your place of worship or funeral home to make the journey a seamless one.
Make a Tribute that Makes a Statement
A personalized memorial tells the story of your loved one in a unique way. Here are a few of the choices available:
- Bronze memorials, installed flush to the earth on granite base, make an exquisite tribute and can also be added to outdoor columbarium niches for cremated remains.
- Upright monuments are made from only the finest granite available, installed on a four-foot concrete base to avoid future leaning.
- The Living Tribute Program lets you plant a tree in memory of your loved one. A tree represents hope, new life and reflects the inner spirit. You can include a plaque bearing the family name and/or name of the deceased.
- Benches, and garden features such as rocks and sundials give you a nature-themed way to make a statement and honour your loved one.
- Indoor glass-front columbarium niches hold cremated remains and make it comfortable to visit year round.
- Outdoor columbarium niches allow for an incredibly peaceful setting surrounded by the beauty of nature.
- Crypts can accommodate multiple generations. Coming in an endless array of designs, styles and price points, crypts are a tribute to a family’s personality and individual spirit.
- Mausoleums, housing both crypts and niches, provide family and friends with a climate controlled place in which to remember and reflect. We also accommodate areas that are to be blessed by religious leaders or designated for special family customs.
You might consider pictures, pictorial etchings or engraved inscriptions to make your memorial that much more special and unique.
To reduce the burden on your family, consider pre-planning you own final arrangements. This allows you to design your own memorial. We offer valuable benefits when you pre-plan with Hillcrest Memorial Gardens & Funeral Home, including the Perpetual Care Program, which always ensures a beautifully maintained resting place. Learn more about pre-planning your final arrangements.
Hillcrest Cemetery Tour
Take a video tour of our lush grounds, with beautiful and well-maintained landscaping, features and ornamentation.
Memorialization and personalization choices
A final resting place is a sacred space. Whether it’s elaborative and decorative, or understated and refined, it will be a place that friends and family members will visit for generations to come not only to grieve but also to honour and remember. Find out more in our educational video.