Learn. Share. Plan.
Explore our news, stories, posts and videos
Picture Frame Tray
Memorializing Collections – Janette Ewen’s DIY Steps
Article Posted on
You will need:
- 1 medium size picture frame with glass
- 2 decorative drawer pulls
- matte material
- scrapbook items
- drill and assorted drill bits
- small bolt cutters, metal saw, or cut-off disc
- measuring tape
- epoxy or industrial strength adhesive (optional)
- Remove glass and backing from picture frame, and measure thickness of frame where you want handles.
- Trim mounting studs on back of pulls to be a little less than frame thickness.
- Using the trimmed studs on the back of drawer pull, mark where to drill holes in the side of frame. Use a tape measure to center.
- Carefully drill holes in frame the same diameter or slightly larger than the mounting studs. (Tip: use tape around drill bit to ensure you don’t drill all the way through.)
- Using a hammer, gently tap the studs into the holes, alternating from one to the other until the pull is seated flush against the frame. (You should have a snug fit, but if not you can use epoxy or industrial strength adhesive in the holes, and let fully cure before using.)
- Reassemble frame with backing, glass, and your collage.