Learn. Share. Plan.
Explore our news, stories, posts and videos
Family Tree Cloche
Memorializing Collections – Janette Ewen’s DIY Steps
Article Posted on
You will need:
- 1 large glass cloche with base
- small tree branch (or wire coat hanger and raffia)
- scrapbook items
- drill and assorted drill bits
- assorted screws
- If you have a small tree branch that fits inside your cloche, simply drill a small hole in the center of the cloche base, and screw into the base of the branch from the bottom side. (Use a countersinking head screw so the base remains flat.)
- If you don’t have a branch, it’s pretty easy to make one out of a wire coat hanger. Simply straighten the coat hanger, and then twist it around itself, making “branches” in different directions. Then wrap your “tree” in raffia. Start with a small loop as the base of your wire tree, and twist up from there. This loop will be used to screw the tree to center of the cloche base. (Use a “button” or “pan” head screw that it is not so long it will go all the way through the base.)
- Attach scrapbook items to “tree” with fine wire, thread, or tiny clothes pins.
- Make sure all your items fit inside with the cloche in place, then display!