Where Your Memories Live on Forever
Today, there are endless choices in the way you memorialize your loved one. Whether outdoors surrounded by the tranquility of nature, or in a comfortable indoor structure, we have options to suite everyone.
Whether cremation or burial is chosen, we will guide you through your choices, helping customize your memorial. While Sands Funeral Chapel Victoria will work closely with any cemetery you choose, we suggest you consider our sister Arbor Memorial cemetery: Hatley Memorial Gardens.
Make a Tribute that Makes a Statement
We can provide any memorial that you can imagine. When honouring your loved one, the options are truly endless. Some choices include:
- Bronze memorials, which are installed on a granite base and generally flush with the ground. Additionally, bronze can be used to accent outdoor columbarium niches for cremated remains.
- Upright monuments, constructed from the world’s finest granite, are installed on a minimum four-foot deep concrete foundation to ensure there is no leaning.
- The Living Tribute Program involves planting a small tree in our cemetery as a symbol of hope, which will someday stand as a significant commemoration of your loved one. Included is a plaque identifying the family and the deceased.
- Benches, and garden features such as rocks and sundials are a natural and beautiful way to honour your loved one.
- Indoor glass-front columbarium niches, which hold cremated remains, allow year-round visitation in a comfortable setting.
- Outdoor columbarium niches, surrounded by nature, provide a truly tranquil setting for cremated remains.
- Crypts accommodate multiple generations. From modest to truly elaborate, crypts reflect the personal choices and tastes of the family.
- Mausoleums offer a climate-controlled, indoor environment that houses both crypts and niches. Special areas are available that can be blessed by religious leaders or designated for specific family customs.
Many opt to include pictures, epitaphs or memorable scenes on the memorials. This makes the tribute even more individualized and distinct.
By planning your own final arrangements, you’ll take the stress and financial burden from your family. When you pre-plan with Sands Funeral Chapel Victoria, you are eligible for valuable benefits, including the Perpetual Care Program, which ensures a beautifully maintained resting place. Find out more about pre-planning your final arrangements.
Memorialization and personalization choices
A final resting place is a sacred space. Whether it’s elaborative and decorative, or understated and refined, it will be a place that friends and family members will visit for generations to come not only to grieve but also to honour and remember. Find out more in our educational video.