Lina Duong (Hoang Thi Ngoc Lan)
01-Jul-1946 - 10-May-2020
It is with heavy hearts that we announce the passing of Lina Duong (Hoang Thi Ngoc Lan) on Sunday, May 10, 2020 at the age of 73 years. Lina, beloved wife of Mr. Duong Siv and daughter of Mrs. Hoang Thi My Le of Calgary, passed away at the Foothills Hospital in Calgary.
She was the loving mother of:
- Nguyen Thi Thanh Tam, Khanh Lam (husband) of Calgary AB, Canada,
- Nguyen Cong Phuc, Loan Bui (wife) of Calgary AB, Canada
- Nguyen Thi Thuy Loan of Saigon, Vietnam
- Nguyen Thi Thanh Dao, Joseph Evans (spouse) of Calgary AB, Canada
- Duong Tony, Nawang Choezom (wife) of Calgary AB, Canada
- Duong Anna of Calgary AB, Canada.
Lina will also be dearly missed by her grandchildren:
- Remy Lam
- Genevieve Lam,
- Chanel Lam,
- Katherine Nguyen,
- Jayden Lei Vo and Sarah Burgoyne,
- Nathan La
- Ganden Choezom-Duong
and her great grandchildren:
- Aliyah Mai Lam
- Jonah Minh Padilla.
Lina will also be lovingly remembered by Tendol Nepali and many relatives and friends from afar.
She was predeceased by:
- Vu Duc Trac (Grandfather)
- Trinh Thi Y (Grandmother)
- Nguyen Van Phao (Grandfather)
- Hoang Thi Chinh (Grandmother)
- Nguyen Van Hoang (Father)
Lina was born in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam to Nguyen Van Hoanh and Hoang Thi My Le. Vietnam is where she met her husband Duong Siv and they were married in 1980. She had settled in Calgary with her family for 35 years. Lina was so loved by her parents, they visited the beach during the weekend or on a vacation get away. She loved swimming, crocheting, knitting, sewing and playing piano. Lina enjoyed spending time with her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. She always smiled when she was holding her grandchildren and great-grandchildren in her arms. Lina was an outgoing person that everyone enjoyed having around, and she had a beautiful smile that left happiness in your heart. In the late 80’s, Lina worked as goldsmith, tailor, and ran her business for a short while until she retired at the age of 65. She and her husband enjoyed the company of family and friends, often having get-together parties at their home.
Memorial donations may be made in Lina’s name to Bat Nha Pagoda - Vietnamese Buddhist Culture Centre of Calgary, 1720 36 Street SE, Calgary, AB T2A 1C8 (phone: 403-235-3060).
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a private family service was held at Mountain View Funeral Home on May 15, 2020.